2 – 11 July are the official dates for this year’s Knysna Oyster Festival. The theme is “Knysna is open – and for business” and the sentiment behind this is “instead of working from home, wherever you live, you can work from Knysna for the full 10 days of the Knysna Oyster Festival”.
Internet connectivity here is fantastic and whilst you work, you and your family can enjoy a mid-year break.
The term used is “digital nomads” and according to Wikipedia, Digital nomads are people who use telecommunications technologies to earn a living and, more generally, conduct their life in a nomadic manner. Such workers often work remotely from foreign countries, coffee shops, public libraries, co-working spaces, or recreational vehicles.
2021 Will be a hybrid event which means that actual as well as a virtual events will take place. With the unknown state of the Coronavirus situation at any time, we anticipate that the actual events will be niche and with limited entries: this to be able to align within the accepted norms of any level that could be called by government.
The key to this community event being a success is for the whole town to be involved in making it happen. Thus we are calling on all existing local businesses, events and operators to take on the opportunity to showcase their product(s) or activity to our Oyster Festival visitors:
- Local entities that develop products of interest (e.g. boat builders, timber manufacturers, brewers, automotive industries, food growers, etc), tour operators, accommodations, restaurants, shops and galleries – there are no limits – should consider being a part of the programme of offerings.
- To this end, whoever is here during the 10 days will be able to enjoy everything on offer from the above on the Festival Programme.
- Businesses and events that form part of the programme must ensure that they comply with the COVID-19 norms and protocols, working on the presumption of level 3 regulations as the guideline.
- Interested local businesses (including accommodations and restaurants), event organisers, musicians, entertainers, activities and operators are requested to complete the online form on KnysnaOysterFestival.co.za.
- Applications to be a part of the festival close on Friday, 16 April 2021.
Sign up now to be a part of this year’s Knysna Oyster Festival programme that will include Sport, Art, Music, Entertainment, Fun, the Forest, and lots of family activities. For more information, you can email info@KnysnaOysterFestival.co.za