ESSENTIAL SERVICES UPDATE: COMMUNITY SERVICES (as at 20 JULY 2020)
Community Services administration offices, 82 Meade Street, are open to the public from 7.45am to 16.30 pm on weekdays.
Covid-19 protocol in place.
Black bag refuse removal as per the usual schedule (please see below).
Blue and green bag collection as per usual schedule.
Refuse bags must be put out by 7am on the scheduled removal day.
Report uncollected black bags or any other refuse complaints to 044 802 2920.
Report Parks complaints to 044 802 2921
Reception – 044 802 2900
Blue and green bag inquiries to 044 878 0688 (Interwaste)
Refuse Removal Days
Monday: Blanco, Riverlea, Heatherpark, Heatherlands, Glen Barrie, Kraaibosch, Groenkloof, Blue Mountain Village, Herold’s Bay, Victoria Bay
Tuesday: Levallia, Rosemoor, Conville, Protea Park, Parkdene, Ballotsview, Borchards, Lawaaikamp, Thembalethu, Wilderness, Touwsranten, Constantia Kloof
Wednesday: Camphersdrift, Fernridge, Denneoord, Bo-Dorp, Blommekloof, Tweerivieren, Hoogekraal, Hoekwil
Thursday: Dormehlsdrift, George South, Le Grand, Bos en Dal, Groeneweidepark, Sinksabrug, Herold, Geelhoutboom, Eselsjacht, Hansmoeskraal, Jonkershoek, Rooirivierrif, Pacaltsdorp, Rosedale, Waboomskraal
Friday: Glenwood, Loerie Park, Eden, Genevafontein, Denver Park, Bergsig, Eastern Extension
Applicable business: Monday, Wednesday and Friday
The landfill site and transfer station are open to the public from 07:00 until 17:00 each weekday. Saturdays from 07:00 to 13:00. Covid-19 protocol in place– bring your own pen to sign in for extra safety.
Street cleaning crews continue to operate in and around the CBD and entrance roads to the city at selected hours, seven days a week.
Public toilets at the CBD taxi rank and at Doneraile Square are open every day. Toilets at Shoprite are open over weekends.
Illegal dumping will be collected twice a week as per the complaints sheet – please report to 044 802 2900. The municipality appeals to communities to remain safe and not dump illegal waste, which can be hazardous to their health.
Visitation to cemeteries by small groups are allowed at weekends provided that all Covid-19 protocol is reserved. Funerals restricted to 50 mourners, limited to 30 minutes and mourners required to observe recommended hygiene practices as per Covid-19 guidelines and protocols. No busses allowed.
Sport facilities – Regulations lifted depending on compliance from the different sport federations to the prescribed Covid regulations. All Federations should contact the sport office in order to make arrangements for the safe return.
Offices are open for enquiries (by appointment only) from 07:45 to 16:30 at 044 801 9488
Community Development administration offices behind the Main Building are open (by appointment only) from 07:45 to 16:30. 044 802 2000
The municipality continues to support 137 municipal soup kitchens. Strict social distancing and hygienic practices apply.
Emergency essential social services enquiries 072 693 3488.
The Extended Public Works Programme (EPWP) Unit is open to the public (by appointment only) from 07h45am-13h00. Emergency number 0720707234 – Gavin Esau
Libraries remain closed for the public as per Western Cape Library Services . For any enquiries please phone 044 801 9288 or 044 801 9393
* Office of the Director: 044 802 2904 (firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com> )
* Sports Office: 044801 9488 (Cathedral Street – behind Spur) (firstname.lastname@example.org/<mailto:email@example.com/> firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com> )
* Community Development: 044 802 2000 (c/o St John / Varing Street) (firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com> )
* Environmental Services: 044 802 2900 (82 Meade Street – Refuse (firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com> )
* Environmental Health: (firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>)
* EPWP: 044 802 2010 (firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com> )
* Libraries (closed): firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>
* Transfer station: firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>