The department of Transport and Public Works will increase registration and licence fees starting 1 April 2020.
Please review the procedures below which will allow members of the public to register and pay renewals online. Kindly be informed that the Western Cape Minister of Transport and Public Works, Mr BS Madikizela, has under Provincial Notice 7/2020 in the attached Provincial Gazette Extraordinary 8201 of 05 February 2020 published the increased registration and licence fees tariffs that will be effective from 01 April 2020 in respect of vehicle licences that must be renewed from 01 April 2020 (those licences with current expiry date of 31 March 2020) onwards.
Clients wishing to register online please follow this procedure:
PROCEDURE: RECEIVING MOTOR VEHICLE RENEWAL NOTICE ONLINE
- The user wanting to access the website must type in the following
- The user must then click on register profile
- The user must enter applicant details if individual or organisation
- Verify applicant or organisation details
- Individual – Initials, Name, Surname, Licence type, licence number
- Organisation – Proxy identity type, proxy identity number
- Contact details
- The one time pin is sent to the email address or cellphone number
- The applicant can now click on access service
PAYMENT OF LICENCE RENEWAL ONLINE Procedure:
Pay the renewal amount into bank account and use licence number as reference.
Banking Details – Bank: ABSA
Account number: 01022220981
Branch code: 632005
Once the payment reflects on the bank statement the licence will be processed and the client will be contacted to collect the disc, if the disc needs to be mailed, the client may indicate it in the email to the authorities when they apply for the renewal. For more information please phone the George Motor Vehicle Licencing Department on 044 801 9310.