Dear Tourism Stakeholder
The Great South African Sale, Sho’t Left Travel Week, is back and for this year, South African Tourism has increased its investment in the initiative to R15m.
Our aim is to make domestic travel in South Africa more accessible, by unlocking a whole new world of experiences for South Africans. To achieve this, we’re calling on you, our trade partners to register for Travel Week and upload discounted deals and packages on the South African Tourism Sho’t Left website. By joining Travel Week, you will not only be exposing consumers to new and affordable ways to travel, but your business will also become part of the biggest local travel sale and benefit from the substantial media investment that will be made by South African Tourism.
Participation is simple. All you need to do is register and then you can start uploading your discounted deals, to go on sale to the public this September. The bigger the discount, the better the uptake!
Spread the word to your local trade partners, to make sure that they don’t miss out. This is an incredible opportunity for you to empower your tourism trade players and grow your local tourism economy.
The validity period of the deals will be at your own discretion. Deals must only be available to book from 23 to 29 September 2019 and at the end of the promotional period, total bookings must be reported to South African Tourism. The report will be an indication of the viability of Travel Week to continue year on year.
Please note that registrations close on the 15th of September 2019.
What’s in it for Travel Week participants:
- Extensive marketing support by South African Tourism spread across TV, outdoor, radio, digital & social media.
- Collateral support for you to promote additional deals on your own platform, that you can download.
- Seasonality of offers means that you will be able to offer discounts to consumers during your quieter periods, at your discretion.
- Improved provincial spread, where visitors will have the opportunity to book travel beyond their own Provincial borders
- We look forward to a successful Sho’t Left Travel Week 2019, in partnership with you!
The Sho’t Left Travel Week team
For more information contact: Melanie Leloup – firstname.lastname@example.org