George Municipality can advise the following under Alert Level 4 restrictions :
Garden Services are allowed to operate under certain circumstances:
- To perform an essential service;
- To control pests, thus preventing an infestation of snakes and/or rodents;
- To prevent fire hazards;
- The owner of any garden services must personally issue permits to their own staff indicating that the work performed is essential;
(Sole proprietors are expected to complete the attached Essential Services Form 2, as well as the attached affidavit as per Regulations Issued 12 May 2020 by Department Small Business Development)
- PLEASE NOTE – Neither the George Municipality nor the Garden Route District Municipality will issue gardening permits and/or permits to Sole Proprietors
- ONLY permit holders may gain entry to the George Landfill Site for the dumping of ONLY GARDEN REFUSE – no metals/builders rubble to be included. Access will be controlled to allow for Covid-19 Safety Measures.
- The Municipal Garden Landfill Site is only OPEN to permit holders on TUESDAY and THURSDAY from 08h00 to 16h00.
- Members of the general public are NOT ALLOWED to deliver any garden refuse to the Municipal Landfill Site – the green bag programme has been put in place to allow for ongoing removal of garden refuse.
- Essential Service providers are reminded that they must comply with the general lockdown principles in place i.e. limitations in terms of staff transported, wearing of cloth masks, continuous sanitising as well as practicing social distancing.