The dam remains at 100% and restrictions remain in place. Please note current restrictions have no emergency tariffs (additional financial implication) attached to it but normal tariffs have always been set on a rising scale to encourage water saving.
|WATER USE PER MONTH||HOUSEHOLDS NORMAL TARIFFS|
|6-12 kilolitres||R13,74 per kilolitre|
|12-20 kilolitres||R15,82 per kilolitre|
|20-30 kilolitres||R18,96 per kilolitre|
|30-50 kilolitres||R22,71 per kilolitre|
|50 kilolitres or more||R25,96 per kilolitre|
THE FOLLOWING SECTION 2B WATER RESTRICTIONS CURRENTLY APPLY IN GEORGE AND SURROUNDS:
- Handheld watering of gardens using a hose and municipal water: even-numbered households Mondays and Thursdays, 7pm-9pm AND uneven-numbered households Tuesdays and Fridays, 7pm-9pm. • Mechanical irrigation of gardens (sprayers) using municipal water is prohibited.
- Watering sports fields using municipal water is prohibited, except for golf course greens, bowling greens and cricket pitches, daily 7pm-9pm.
- Filling up of swimming pools using municipal water is prohibited.
- Washing cars with a hose using municipal water is prohibited (buckets allowed), except for commercial car washes.
- Cleaning of outside surfaces using a hosepipe with municipal water is prohibited (buckets allowed).
- “OWN WATER” signage must be displayed where applicable and must be proven on request by municipal officials.
- Applications for exemption of some restrictions may be considered on merit.
Report water leaks and burst pipes to 044 801 9262 or after hours at 044 801 6300, as soon as you notice them.
Report contraventions of water restrictions on 0800 424 277. Fines may apply.